We are know that feeling too well! You’ve smashed out your workout for the day, ate a nourishing, healthy breakfast and lunch but as soon as the clock strikes 3pm all you feel is something naughty like chocolate or chips! Hands up if this is you!
To help you beat the 3pm monster, here is a few snack ideas that you can either keep in your desk draw, your hand bag or at home in the cupboard! Just somewhere you can reach easily when those munchies hit!
Bliss balls is definitely the go-to snack for all you sweet tooths as they will not only kick your cravings but will give that extra burst of energy for the afternoon. Just beware of store bought ones that they aren’t packed with added sugar and it’s all natural! Here is one of my favourite bliss ball recipes!
RAW SALTED CARAMEL BALLS
Makes 18 Balls
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup dessicated coconut (without preservatives)
- 1 scoop of quality protein powder of your choice (pea, rice or whey)
- 15-16 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- Extra coconut for rolling
1. Blend cashews first in a food processor until in chunk-form
2. Add all other ingredients and blend until formed
3. Pour extra coconut into a bowl or on a plate
4. Roll mixture into small balls and coat in the bowl of desiccated coconut
5. Freeze to set and enjoy
6. These balls will last in your freezer for 2 weeks and are equally delicious if stored in the fridge, once set.
Hummus & Veggies
You truly can’t go wrong with a bit of hummus and veggie sticks! Super simple to prepare and can easily be placed Tupperware container to keep at work or in your handbag for on the go!
Yogurt & Berries
Natural yogurt or greek topped with berries is a perfect low-GI snack! Low-GI snacks are slowly digested and absorbed which provides more stable blood sugar levels and will help you maintain healthy energy levels! As well as the above benefits this delicious snack will also give you a hit of antioxidants and good bacteria plus it helps satisfy your sweet tooth!
Trail mixes are a super easy and healthy snack as it provides protein, healthy fats and fibre to keep you satisfied until dinner! This snack also contains zinc, magnesium, calcium and vitamin E!! You can create your trail mix with raw mixed nuts and seeds (think almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower and pepitas seeds, along with some dried fruit (such as goji berries, prunes, raisins or dates).
Don’t forget you can receive 50% OFF My New Year Bundle for the month of January! All you need to do is subscribe to my newsletter to receive the discount code! Subscribe HERE!