A kitchen stocked with plenty of fresh, healthy produce not only allows you to easily throw together quick, healthy meals & snacks but helps in eliminating any temptations! Firstly you need to ultimately “cut the crap”! Get rid of foods that are dragging your energy level down and increasing your fat levels! This includes all processed pre made meals, refined sugar, soft drinks and sugary snacks! Once you’ve cleared out your pantry, fridge and don’t forget about the freezer, it’s time to stock your kitchen with ingredients that are going to fuel your body to not only burn fat but get you lean and full of energy!
Here are the foods which I believe are the Kings of the Kitchen and are an essential in any household!
- Eggs – the home of healthy fats and good any time of day.
- Coconut oil – a natural saturated fat, perfect for cooking.
- Avocado – the green goddess packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Sweet potatoes – are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and, due to their orange color, are high in carotenoids! Need I say more...
- Blueberries – Perfect for a quick snack or add to your smoothie!
- Chillies – dried or fresh, they bring spice to your life.
- Spinach – add to your smoothie, salad or omelette, this King will give your a hit of protein as well helping to suppress your appetite
- Nuts & Seeds - Ultimate on the go snack! Stick with almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Low Fat Greek Yogurt - Packed with protein, enzymes and probiotics!
- Canned veggies or fish - Fresh is always best, but keeping a few cans of tuna, corn and beans are super convenient and quick for when you are on the go!
- Herbs and spices – turmeric, paprika, cinnamon
You can find easy, simple & delicious recipes using the Kitchen Kings in My Spring into Summer 7 Day Meal Plan! Click here to purchase your copy!